The theme of the workshop this year is:
SUSTAINABLE RESOURCE CONSERVATION AND RECOVERY IN TRANSPORTATION
Please join the TRB Resource Conservation and Recovery Committee ADC60 at our annual summer workshop at the National Academies of Science in Washington DC, July 14-16, 2019. This year’s theme of sustainable resource conservation and recovery in transportation continues the Committee focus on resource conservation and recovery issues affecting transportation and associated infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Recycling/Upcycling, reuse, and repurposing of waste and industrial byproducts
- Renewable energy alternatives in roadway design
- Alternative and innovative use of transportation right-of-ways
- Climate change driven sustainable and resilient transportation system design
- Life-cycle sustainability of transportation infrastructure/systems
- Multimodal transportation and sustainability practices
- Contamination risk management
- Environmental management systems
- Stormwater management
- Winter roadway maintenance and risk mitigation
This will be the 18th consecutive workshop hosted by the Committee, continuing its promotion of thought leadership on contemporary and forward looking environmental, energy, resource efficiency and waste minimization issues surrounding transportation systems.
This year’s workshop will be at the historic National Academy of Sciences located in the nexus of transportation concept development and planning, Washington DC. Federal, State, and local transportation agencies, practitioners, and academicians will gather to review existing practices and tackle the challenges to develop environmentally sustainable, resilient, and efficient transportation infrastructures within the U.S.
Join us!……and share in the timely information exchange advancing the ideals and innovations of transportation system design and management.
Summer Workshop Agenda
Download this year’s Summer Workshop Draft Agenda and keep up to date with everything we have planned! (Subject to change as schedule is finalized)